NDC Parent Council Minutes for March 19, 2019
NDC Parent Council Meeting Minutes
March 19 2019
Began with prayer at 7:40 p.m.
Minutes from Feb 26 read aloud, and approved.
Principal’s report attached
- Feb 29 2020 Gala booked at the Memorial Centre to celebrate 25 years of Catholic Education in HR.
- $845 from Catholic Education Sunday is available . $1300 HSA has from Catholic Education Sunday, possibly towards the Gala
Vaping discussion, problem-solving
Some discussion about the validity of field trip waivers
Sobeys cards still available
Chocolates in grad cards? About $1 each.
- Discussed doing a prayer card instead, personalized with NDC logo
Western Financial, and the Town of High River – still need to put a picture of the big cheque from them, into the paper. Heather will call the town.
- Resolutions being voted on at AGM for parent councils.
- During the last weekend of Easter break
- Concerns about a single public education system, instead of public and separate systems
- Admin at central office will look into it more
- Some local parent council members going up
Discussed a display of PACE/ GRACE during parent-teacher interviews
Possibility of prayer time with parents to pray about school concerns, intentions. There’s a Rosary every Monday at lunch in the chapel. Identify a prayer time, even if it’s not in the same place, it could be at the same time. Digital version of a prayer board?
Adjourned at 9:00 p.m.
Next meeting April 30